Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: iMAC info

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    iMAC info

    Anybody here a mac user? An imac user? I'm considering getting an imac but I'm hesitant. I'm very tired and frustrated with windows and want to change. I've tried dabbling in linux but it can be very complicated. I want something that's not necessarily easy but not as complicated as linux. Mainly I want to be able to install software, such as instant messengers, without any trouble. I'd like something that's comparable to a PC's double click and install process. And I'd like to have something that's widely supported in that all the major software you find will work on it. If anybody can give me some info on imacs or mac in general I'd be appreciative. Or let me know where I can find the info. Thanks!!
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    next computer i buy will be a Mac
    worked with them in college, as well as at my old job, much better than windows
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    The last time I worked with a MAC was back in middle school or early high school. That's about 20 years ago. lol A lot can change in that amount of time. That's why I'm looking for info. And it's my impression that, just as you say, they're better than windows. But how easy is it to change from PC to MAC? And is all 3rd party software available for PC available for MAC? That's what I'm getting at.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_champ20's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2004
    Posts
    170
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    I used a PC for 14 years and I switched over to a Macbook this year...Mac is simple and easy to use...I have Microsoft Office on the Mac.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rrtguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    I changed to a Mac user a little over a year ago. I have had no trouble and never get the blue screen of death. I recently upgraded to the Leopard OS and had/have no problems. At this point I would never switch back.

    Just have to remember that most places around here don't carry Mac programs. I order most of mine online. You will be able to find Office for Mac, but games and the like are hard to come by here.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    I'm not a big PC gamer so that doesn't hurt my feelings. lol But I do like to play flash and java games online, mostly on forums. Will those work on mac?
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ndn_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2006
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    I am a mac convert as well. I think flash and java should work just fine - I say go for it!

    Also, as an aside, from one DS9 lover to another, love the name and avatar. I just started watching the entire DS9 series again - I have them all on DVD. It's so interesting to start back from the beginning and watch the character development! They were all so two dimensional in the beginning...

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    Yeah, I have all of TOS, TNG, and DS9 on DVD. TNG is my all time favorite though. If the prices ever come down I'm going to get Voyager as well. Vic is one of my favorites on DS9. And I thought I was the only trekkie in Wise county. LOL!!
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ndn_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2006
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    Wow, my collection isn't that extensive yet. I'm a convert - I didn't like Star Trek until my boyfriend made me watch DS9 straight through, beginning to end. Luckily for both of us, I saw the light. We're now working on buying TNG. Thank goodness the prices have fallen a little bit, but they're still big purchases, so it's taking us a while.

    The other folks in Wise County will surprise you. Trust me, I know several hardcore trekkies... but I hang out with big-time nerds.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: iMAC info

    Nothing wrong with being a trekkie or a nerd. I fit both categories. lol
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •